select * from apex_application_groups;i got:
ORA-00942: table or view does not existAfter a short exchange of messages with the Apex team, it turned out that they had forgotten to create a public synonym for this view.
So, this could be a good occasion to write down a reminder of all the cases in which such error message can be returned:
- referencing a non-existent table or view, including the following possibilities:
- misspelled name
- mismatching letter casing if the object was created with a case sensitive name
- forgetting the double quotes around the object name when the object was created with a case sensitive name
- referencing a table or view in a different schema, without having specified the schema name.
- referencing a table or view in a different schema, misspelling the schema name (or referencing a non-existent schema anyway...)
- referencing a non-existent, misspelled or case sensitive synonym
- referencing a table, view or synonym without having the necessary privileges (for instance try SELECT * FROM DBA_USERS as a normal user).
For some unknown reason ORA-00942 has disappeared from the Error Message Guide as of Oracle 10G, but you can still find the description of this error in version 9.2.
See message translations for ORA-00942 and search additional resources